The History of Korea Immigration Service
For the past half-century, Korea Immigration Service has been providing convenient immigration service, adapting to the fast changes both at home and abroad. Korea Immigration Service will continue its role as a stepping stone in creating a safe, harmonious, and prosperous society for foreigners and nationals alike.
- Enacted Law on Immigration and Legal status of Overseas Koreans
- The first entry/departure clearances for Mt.Kumkang tourists at Dong-hae port
- Created provisions and procedures on refugee recognition on Immigration Control Act
- Joined Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees
- Introduced Industrial Trainee System